We are proud of Melenos Art Boutique Hotel and the enormous effort that has been made to design a venue which sensitively respects its ancient environment. The use of natural traditional materials such as locally quarried sand-stone, Katrani cedar, pebbles gathered from nearby beaches and Greek marble fragments for paving, have given integrity to the hotel’s construction.
- Our guests sleep on COCO-MAT mattresses made from natural materials, and benefit also from the COCO-MAT non allergic pillows and duvet.
- Our FRETTE bed linen is made from pure cotton.
- Natural bath amenities are used in our bathrooms.
- We have implemented a ‘re-use’ linen programme for towels and sheets to save water and energy and we encourage our guests to support this programme.
- Cleaning liquids are non-allergic, products.
- Re-cycled paper is used.
- A re-cycled waste program has been instigated.
- We use low energy lights for the interior and exterior lighting.
- To support local industry, we give preference to local suppliers.
- Home-made jams and preserves are made from fruit in our orchard.
- We grow various herbs and vegetables for our kitchen.